Thursday, February 26, 2015

Echo Memory

     Thought echo is being lauded as a part of schizophrenia.  

Though I have searched through various internet pages, the

truth of the definition eludes me.  

     For the time being, there is only the brief look on the 

subject, found here:  thought echo 

    Thought echo is also being linked to unusually vivid

memories of childhood, and I think this can also be applied

to vivid symptom memories.  

     The thing about this phenomenom is that most of it needs 

self-identification. It needs a way to  be recognized and

subsequently brought up during psychiatric sessions.
  
Thought echos are recognized by the clinical team, but 

patients lack counselling on the different echos.  Such as

memory echos, symptom echos, thought behavior, thought

echos, etc.

     These echos are also linked to other unusual thought processes.  

Such as Capgrass, among other side-effects.  After searching the 

internet for something close to what I want to define here, I 

cannot locate.

     But, all I am trying to say is that sometimes, when my symptoms

return, it feels close to an echo as it comes back.  Therefore, it is 

quite like a memory lost and then regained.  I hope these inadequate

links are helpful in a continued search for answers.