Monday, January 22, 2018

Personality Disruption

What if you knew something, something that feels like
a memory? But this memory is something of an anomaly. 
It is this something, because, it seems surreal. Not de ja vu 
like, but a hint, a suggestive thought. Well, this happens a 
lot to those that are mentally ill. 

Then it nags you. And nags you, until you recognize it.
When you recognize it, it nags you again and again. All
until you try to get others to recognize it too. Then, like
a feeling quite like tourettes, it purports you to share it.

What I want to ask the experts, is this:

How do I know what I have been, 
     when this life is all that I know?

Memories sometimes need jogging. A hint, a suggestion,
sometimes something implied. So, are you going to tell
me that my memory is wrong? I say this, because it is 
my memory, not yours and not others who have this same
problem.

I have been asked if I remember past lives. Really? It is
something that I can't prove, so why would that be a 
question? I have been asked how old I am. Again, really?

How do I convey to you why I feel like I have lived before?
If I was bhuddist it wouldn't be a problem, because that is
the culture of those peoples. But because I am a devout
Catholic, I am not supposed to have those feelings? It is
not part of my culture, so it doesn't fit? Again, how do I 
know what I have been, when this life is all that I know?

My life, my memories. I am lucky you found me. 

Vocabulary ABC's

Side-Effects

US Surgeon General on Mental Health