Monday, June 13, 2022

Ever Wonder?

      Ever wonder how to find coping skills? How does one

cope with mental illness? People pull their kids away from you.

Family sets you up for failure. (well, mine did) Friends use you. 

(well, I thought they were friends) How do you cope

with all of that?

     I used my education to help me cope with all of that. (along with 

taking my medicine religiously) My ethics never changed. My 

morals never changed. My honor never changed. 

     So, I keep going to school. Continuing my education has prepared

me for some of the toughest dependency relationships that have

peppered my lifetime. I can use my wit. Yes. Wit. It has to be

learned. It is not instinct that gives it to you, but education does.

     There is an author that has developed coloring books to help

you cope. It has skills scattered throughout the books. There are 

about four of them. Here is one. The Happy Beagle. They are by

the author  Giacomo Paniagua Jr who works with rehabilitating

the mentally ill. Someone who has put in the time to really get to

know the population.

                              



Remember to check out my Vocabulary ABC's

And my Fight the Stigma favorite paper that is right on point.  

I will close with a favorite quote of mine...yeah, I think I designed it

It goes like this:

The ignorance of my reason 
contrasts with
my wisdom of knowledge. 

Ignorance of reason is instinct
and wisdom of knowledge is education
at least that is how I see it.

I had a professor tell me it doesn't make any sense.
but to me it makes all the sense in the world. 

Thank you for your continued support